Friday, August 31, 2007

Crisp Point Lighthouse


When we were on vacation, we got to do something really cool - we climbed up a lighthouse! The Crisp Point Lighthouse, northwest of Paradise on Lake Superior. It was so neat. Mommy and Daddy decided to take a drive one afternoon, looked at the Gazetteer and decided to go check it out. Described as the "one of the most magnificently desolate locations," it was the kind of location my mommy loves...miles down a sandy old logging road that dead ends at the Lake. Daddy on the other hand was worried about the car getting dusty. Silly Daddy.

"At the lighthouse you are about 18 miles from a paved road, 23 miles from the nearest electricity, and 27 miles from the nearest gas station, restaurant, and grocery store." Yet, at the lighthouse, you are at peace.


This is a borrowed picture of the scary stairs that we had to climb to get to the top. Mommy made sure that Daddy was holding on tight to me because she was nervous about Daddy dropping me because as many of you know, I'm a little wiggle worm.


This is Daddy and I in the lantern room. The lens has been removed as the lighthouse was decomissioned years ago.


And here we are out on the balcony of the lighthouse. It was so neat. The wind was blowing but we could see for miles. We could even see Canada.


This is the view looking west, towards Munising and the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Isn't it pretty? So much sand to dig in and so many rocks to chew on. Ahhhh....a toddler's paradise.


And here is the view pointing east toward Whitefish Point. Absolutely gorgeous.


And finally, here is Daddy and I dancing in Lake Superior. I have to admit, I get to do pretty cool stuff with my parents!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
I love the picture of Damon & Grace dancing in the water. That looks like it belongs in a frame!

Hope you are well.

:) JoLynn