Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Learning to use a spoon





So, think back if you can to when you learned to use a spoon. It's kind of hard isn't it? Which end goes in my mouth? How do I keep the food from falling off? And darn it, I keep forgetting that I need to "reload" my spoon before I put it in my mouth! Of course, it is not helping that my Daddy shows me that your spoon belongs on your nose. He's so silly! I love him. He gives me good snuggles. What do you think though...am I going to be a rightie or leftie?

I am eating well though, and my parents often poke my belly after each meal to make sure that it won't pop because it usually sticks out a lot. I love watermelon, popsicles, ice cubes, fruit, and most veggies. If you put it in front of me, I'll at least try it, and if I don't like it, I will pull it out of my mouth and hand the half-chewed piece of food to Mommy. I can't figure out why she looks at me funny then. She won't eat it either!

We are still in the midst of our daycare dilema too. I love my friends Sopha and Katelin who are watching me this summer, but they will go back to school full-time in a few weeks. Mommy found out that we are still on the waitlist for the great center where she works, so they put my name in at another center, but they have a waitlist too. So frustrating...doesn't anyone want me?! Mommy thinks that she should have attached a picture of me on the applications, because no one can say no to me! When Mommy and Daddy tell me no, I just sit down, fold myself in half and wail into the floor. (Don't tell them, but it works every time!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud on you Grace. You are doing so well with your spoon, and you look like your having a fun time learning! And about this Day Care delima, I wish I could have you! Shame on Fords for taking our school away. I miss you lots.. See you soon.

Love. Ms. Kim