Monday, August 27, 2007

Family Vacation in Paradise


I just got home from da' UP (that's the Upper Peninsula for all of you out of staters) where I had a wonderful time playing with my Mommy & Daddy, my cousins, Auntie, and Gamma & Gampa. Here we are sitting on a log...in the forest. That's my cousins Emily, Katie & Nathan too. We had soooo much fun together. They included me in a lot of their games, which were really fun.

I had so much fun playing on the beaches of Lake Superior, chewing on rocks (quite tasty, yet crunchy) and getting sand into every body crevise I could. At first, I wasn't quite sure what to think of the sand, but quickly I decided it was fun to play in and I especially liked sitting in the cold water of Lake Superior and picking up pretty rocks (just like Mommy!). Daddy never understood why Mommy would bring home more rocks each time she visited the beach, but now he'll have twice as many at home!


Mommy's family has a "rustic" (that is real estate language for no running water and limited electricity) cabin in Paradise, MI near the Tahquamenon Falls. She grew up going there with her family and she says that it is still her favorite spot in the whole wide world. Mommy says that she could just sit in the woods for hours, or go lay on the beach at Whitefish Point and watch the freighters sail by. Here I am enjoying a bath in an old tub. Fun!



One of the family traditions is picking blueberries behind the cabin, but this year it has been too dry for a good crop. So, we just had to settle for blueberry pie and ice cream from the Paradise Bakery. I've never tasted anything so yummy. Thanks Gampa for sharing with me!

3 comments:

j2 said...

The tub pic is classic. Water droplets in mid-air!

Anonymous said...

She is such a doll!!! We miss her so much!!!!

Anonymous said...

What great times...family togetherness is the best! Ms. Debbie